Re: [LAU] Start of audio cut off on USB DAC

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 10:58:20 EET

Phil Carter wrote:
> at the start of every file, I get no sound until about 0.1 seconds
> into the file--the music before that is cut off.

The device needs that long to synchronize to the computer's clock.

> the USB DAC works fine in Windows.

I'd guess the Windows driver sends some silence before the start of the
file.

> Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Use something to allow mixing (PulseAudio, dmix, whatever), and play
silence before the actual playback starts.

> tried using JACK (with ALSA), but it doesn't make any difference.

In theory, Jack runs continuously, so this shouldn't happen. Does Jack
get started for each file?

Regards,
Clemens