[LAU] iPad and Linux audio

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 21:13:59 EET

Hi :)

sorry for the cross posting. I'm interested if there's really an
important usage for Linux (especially audio/MIDI), perhaps within the
limits of a jailbreak, for an iPod.

Someone from a Linux mailing list already sent me this links:

> http://hexler.net/software/touchosc
> http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

I won an iPod 2 and I flirt with selling it and then to buy some Android
thingy instead.

I own a KORG nanoKONTROL, costs less than 3O €, so I won't keep an iPod
for more than 600 €, providing not much more than the same features. To
safe costs for ink cartridges an e-reader would be able to do the job.

In wonder if there are really important realtime abilities provided by
an iPod 2 that can be used with Linux. At the moment I'm using it with
VirtualBox, running something very annoying, to use this tabled
computer.

Perhaps somebody has experiences with iPod vs Android?!

Regards,
Ralf