Re: [LAU] Multiple ICE1712 cards setup with jack2 -> get rid of xruns

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 21:29:55 EET

>> but when attempting to start jack, it complained a certain pid was using
>> the soundcard.
>> ps alx said it was - guess what - pulseaudio...
>>
> It was only because I have spent a lot of time in a naval town that I
> have the vocabulary to say how very much I hate pulseaudio.

+1 , or -1 if you prefers, on PA...

OTOH, maybe you could try
http://www.rncbc.org/jack/rtirq-20111007.tar.gz

this script allows you to fix once & for all reboots the IRQ priorities
when use a RT kernel.

I said that, because it seems strange you have a priority of 89 for 2 #
things...
You're supposed, AFAIK, to have something like the highest priority is the
RT clock, then the hardware, then ALSA, than Jack, then Ardour.

Please someone on the list rectify if I'm wrong !

ps -eo cmd,rtprio will list all the realtime priorities for all your
tasks
cat /proc/asound/cards will show the IRQs for your cards

the rtirq script is definitly your friend when do pro-audio ;-))

see here for a good howto
http://my.opera.com/coreymwamba/blog/2009/01/03/automatically-realtime-priorities-using-rtirq

HTH,
Fred