[LAU] Using espeak with a vocoder program?

From: Bearcat M. Şandor <hometheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Sat Feb 04 2012 - 06:40:18 EET

Hey folks,

I grew up in the 80s in the USA and i still feel that vocoders are one
of the coolest sounding things ever. Most voice synthesis programs for
Linux are looking to make them sound as realistic as possible. I want to
go the other way.

Is there a way i can use espeak that will make it sound like it's going
through a vocoder? I've looked for different voices to do this and i'm
not finding anything.

Making my computer talk to me with the voice of a Cylon from the old
Battlestar Galactica show or perhaps GlaDOS for something more recent
would be great.

Any ideas at all? A different list perhaps?

I'll be using this for audial system notifications.

Thanks,

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Cell: 406.210.3500