Re: [LAU] Collaborative music..

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 12:42:15 EET

On Feb 5, 2012 5:12 PM, "thijs van severen" <thijsvanseveren@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> MHO :
> - vocals are good, indeed they could do with some extra punch (or maybe
it's the guitars that sound 'too heavy' when compared to all the rest, not
just the vocals)
> - the guitar is quite nice : both soundwise and the rifs
> - bass sounds very muffled, it needs definition and punch. also i think
it just a bit too much that the bass keeps following the kick. might be
nice in the intro, but i would go with a continuous bass line after the
intro

Thanks. I eq'd the top end off the bass as it seemed to be making the mid
range too cluttered. Maybe keeping the bassline in the lower register would
be better.

I'm not too sure what you mean about the bassline following the kick tho.
It is mostly on the off beats but perhaps it's too cluttered? Were you
thinking more of a melodic bassline or driving root-notes? Or something
else? I struggled coming up with something interesting for this song as it
is pretty fast.

Re the drums: yes they definitely need work. Ive never played the drums and
coming up with realistic interesting parts is quite difficult. Any
suggestions on how to work on this?

James