Re: [LAU] help for a LAUer wannabe

From: thijs van severen <thijsvanseveren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2012 - 09:33:51 EET

IMO it will be hard to make him switch to AV when he is using ubuntu
already.
Not that its a bad idea to use AV for A and V ;-). But i still find gnome
more user friendly and ubuntu allows you to easily install other
non-AV-specific stuff.

Grtz
Thijs

On 6 Feb 2012 20:37, "Renato" <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:15:08 +0000
Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> AV Linux is def. the b...
This seems like a good suggestion. He's allready installed ubuntu
studio and is playing with it, I'll burn him AV 5.0.3 when it gets out
so he'll give it a try.

Well, actually I was surprised he was able to install ubuntu aside
windows, do internet and start playing with Ardour, all in a couple of
hours and without help or much prior knowledge - that definitely wasn't
my first linux experience years ago. Things have really gone a long way.

cheers,
renato