[LAU] swami soundfont in musescore

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 08 2012 - 22:29:09 EET

Hi, I've created a simple as dirt soundfont in swami, and I'd like to
use it in musescore, but I'm not getting any sound. First thing, the
soundfont plays allright in qsynth.

In musescore I create a new score with a random instrument (say
Violin), then load the soundfont in Display -> Synthesizer. Then I
enter some notes in the Violin part, but I get no sound. The notes
entered are in the correct midi range for the soundfont - to check I
enabled Jack midi output in musescore and looked at what midi it was
sending while playing the violin part.

How does musescore associate an instrument in the score to one in the
soundfont?

I tried opening the "Staff Properties..." and changing the long
instrument name from "Violin" to "baba" - that's exactly how I called
both the instrument and the "melodic preset" in swami, but still I get
no sound.

It would be perfect if someone could provide a simple .sf2 and .mscz
that "work" together, so I could hack on that.

best wishes,
renato