[LAU] First release: LinuxBand 12.02 Beta

From: Ales Nosek <ales.nosek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 12 2012 - 22:26:50 EET

Hi all,

just to introduce myself. I'm a developer mainly in C++ and Java on Linux
platform. In my free time I like to play jazz guitar. To accompany my
improvisation practicing I has been using MIDI files generated by MMA. To
facilitate writing of MMA files and playing them back I created LinuxBand.
I hope you'll enjoy it.

Ales

LinuxBand is a GUI front-end for MMA (Musical MIDI
Accompaniment)<http://www.mellowood.ca/mma/>.
Type in the chords, choose the groove and LinuxBand will play a musical
accompaniment for you.

It’s an open source alternative to Band-in-a-Box featuring:

   - Easy to use graphical interface
   - Open and well-documented data format
   - Output to JACK Midi <http://jackaudio.org/> to facilitate co-operation
   with other audio applications