Re: [LAU] Timidity

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2012 - 14:53:13 EET

Hi David!
   No, as far as I know, and that *should* be sufficient, Timidity doesn't have
any itnerface, in which you can edit the sounds.
   But if you look at timidity -h or the manpage, you will find a lot of
options to disable the rendering - or acceptance - of controllers. Maybe in
one of the graphical versions, you can set this from a menu.
   As Renato pointed out, you can use Swami to edit soundfonts and Swami should
still have a fluidsynth instance built-in. It's not as powerful as Timidity,
but it can play MIDI files. It only understands soundfonts.
   What is wrong with your ALSA? Is the XG generator you're talking about a
soundcard? If not, why not use it with JACK?
   Warmly yours
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

====== Find my music at ======