Re: [LAU] What audio interface to use for a Linux-powered surround preamp?

From: Kaza Kore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2012 - 20:29:28 EET

Content Protection sucks!

Going via an analogue hole would be one way, but a pain in the arse. I wouldn't expect any prosumer, and even less professional, to allow you to bypass encryption though. Software solutions may show up...

Seems there is one HD switch/multiplexer available which does though. http://www.moomecard.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10&Itemid=16 Output the separate audio and video you want (although audio is on 2x TOSLink.)

But obviously there is the worry that a new version of HDCP will be release tomorrow so bypassing in this manner is never ideal!

Dale.