Re: [LAU] Jack Will Not Start

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2012 - 21:35:33 EET

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:35:21 +0200
David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Running Debian Sid, 3.1 Kernel (Alsa is problematic in 3.2!).
>
> The target audio device hw:1 is a usb-audio Lambda interface.

It could be helpful to run "aplay -l" to verify that the device you are
trying to start jack on is actually the device you want. I have a
similar problem with some other software that defines my audio devices,
and if I do not plug them in after booting in a specific order, the
software can end up trying to open my MIDI control surface as an audio
device. It sounds to me like something similar may be happening here.