Re: [LAU] Triceratops LV2 synth

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2012 - 19:31:49 EET

On 02/20/2012 11:15 PM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Am 20.02.2012 18:39, schrieb Matt Henley:
>> I saw this on the Linux audio group on Facebook but didn't see it
>> mentioned in this list and thought someone might find it interesting.
>> I havnt had time to try to build or use yet.
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/triceratops/
>
> Looks nice and builds OK on Ubuntu 10.10, loads OK in Qtractor also but
> I cannot persuade it to produce any sound yet...

that's intriguingly strange o.O

afaics. triceratops lv2 gui is based on gtkmm and that alone is a sure
death sentence, that being true on both slv2 and lilv/suil qtractor flavors.

even if it actually ever shows up, which i failed succeed after many
trials, i'll bet it won't fly much--qtractor address space is there
doomed once you request a gtkmm plugin gui and the death penalty is
either executed on open or later on lv2 plugin gui close--qtractor will
crash more often than not

gtkmm is a big no-no for non-gtkmm hosts. aha. take note that plain gtk+
is still ok. ntl.

you've been warned :)

byee

--