Re: [LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 24 2012 - 07:19:31 EET

On 02/23/2012 07:03 PM, hermann wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 02:45 +0100 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>>
>> Don't use a borked distro! If your distro don't provide the nv driver,
>> but replace it with an experimental driver, that knowingly isn't
>> working
>> for half of the NVIDIA graphics on the market, such as the nouveau
>> driver, than your distro is borked!
>
> No, then your distro is full GPL'ed. ;-)

But still borked. I have a couple of motherboards here, one new in my
desktop PC, with NVidia graphics. The Nouveau driver doesn't support the
old NVidia hardware, and Debian Sid no longer includes the NV driver
that DOES work with old hardware. The Nouveau driver barely supports the
NVidia in my newest motherboard.

Sorry, I don't consider the Nouveau driver ready for primetime, they
should still supply and continue developing the NV driver, or give up
the attempt at idealism and include the NVidia binary drivers.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden