Re: [LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2012 - 08:05:28 EET

On 02/24/2012 10:18 AM, hermann wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 09:35 -1000 schrieb david:
>> I do. They should just keep up the NV drivers that DO work until the
>> Nouveau drivers also work AND SUPPORT THE SAME HARDWARE, instead of
>> dropping NV completely.
>
> You are free to download the source here :
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xserver-xorg-video-nv
>
> and patch it to make it work on debian/sid.
> Then, you gone be a part of "They" ;-)

Nice fantasy. I used to be able to read C++ code, but that was long ago.

I think the real problem is that like a few other Linux communities (and
Mac OS X and Windows), Debian doesn't listen to users. And the decision
to replace a "known working product" with a "flaky experimental product"
makes me question their project management abilities, too.

A friend of mine doesn't run Sid, he runs the current Stable, and that
apparently doesn't include NV, either.

Reminds me the KDE4 fiasco: KDE stopped supporting KDE3 the moment
KDE4.0 shipped, but KDE4 didn't become ready for primetime until 4.5.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden