Re: [LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2012 - 14:44:15 EET

On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 12:00 +0000,
linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> what did you suspect here ?
> Users are always welcome to give feedback, suggestions, or at least,
> become a part of the project. That is what FLOSS is about. FLOSS isn't
> about to present you a OS on a silver tablet, FLOSS will always force
> you to make it work. It is community based. If you didn't help, the
> community get a bit smaller, and a piece of work fail.
>
> what did you think why a developer develop Free Open Software ?
> And what did you think why a debian maintainer do what he do ?
> Do you believe they do it to suite there ego's ?

I started the translation of Qtractor a month ago and due to issues such
as pulseaudio and the dropped nv driver (and some other issues) I can't
contribute, continue translating, but just fix issues, hence my only
contribution could be to set up machines for users who are willing to
learn, but are unable to learn all things at the same time, for their
first Linux install. At least distros shouldn't do a default install
with 3D effects enabled DEs and than install the nouveau driver by
default if a NVIDIA graphics was detected. A 2D desktop and the vesa
driver would allow beginners to get their first install working OOTB and
to learn how to maintain their own machine. Btw. some distros don't
install bryltty by default. Nowadays only 3D DEs count.

That's a step in the wrong direction.

Regards,
Ralf