[LAU] Very frustrating problem with JACK and exporting through mixbus

From: Jason Jones <poeticintensity@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2012 - 10:09:42 EET

Hey guys.. I recently acquired a RME Raydat interface (works like a
*charm*, and I love it!), but ever since I installed it, I'm getting a
random error when I try to export my tracks, and it's driving me bonkers.

Previously to installing the Raydat card, I had used ardour for
approximately 10 years, and have never experienced this problem.

The problem is about 75% of the time, when exporting, the GUI will just sit
there and do nothing, maintaining the "export" button depressed
continually. Within QJackctl's "message" window, I see the following
error:

JackEngine::XRun: client = ardour was not run: state = 2

JackFreewheelDriver::Process: Process error

00:31:20.920 XRUN callback (1).

The remaining 25% of the time it exports just fine, without issue.

Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating. Googling the problem
returns nothing but the snippet of code which contains the error message
itself, which can be found at the link below:

http://www.trac.jackaudio.org/browser/jack2/branches/pipelining/common/JackFreewheelDriver.cpp?rev=4306

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If more info is needed, please let
me know what I can get you.

Also, thanks to everyone who assured me that the Raydat card works well
under Linux. It really does work like a charm.

Regards,

--Jason

www.advancedbudgetstudios.com