Re: [LAU] The Salamander Drumkit

From: Phil Hézaine <philippe.hezaine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 03 2012 - 21:25:00 EET

Le 03/03/2012 14:25, Julien Claassen a écrit :
> Hi Emanuel!
> Two things: First I can't use the GM map, since there are much more
> samples, that should go together, for which GM simply doesn't provide.
> The second thing is: I wasn't asking about the MIDI mapping in this
> case, but for the .sfz-file, where the cowbell should go. I didn't want
> to put it in an extra fie and thus have an extra channel in
> LinuxSampler. but I put it together with the cymbals now. :-)
> Kind regards
> Julien

Hi,

You're right Julien, however the GM map might be useful for some users.
I join 2 files for those of us who want to experiment.

1. 0-Modele-GM-mapping.sfz
A basic template you'll have to fill in.

2. 0-map-GM-Tests-drumkit-layers.midi
A midi file which plays 12 times a drum sound from /ppppp to \sf
(sforzando) and covers the whole General Midi PERCUSSION Key Map
(Standard) from key=35 (Acoustic Bass Drum) to key=81 (Open Triangle)

Nevertheless I have a problem with the Open Hihat of the Salamander
Drumkit. It is too open for my patterns and my taste sometimes.
Waouh! What a paradox on this list! "too open!" :-)
I have tried to remplace it with the SemiOpen but as I didn't send CC64
messages from the Drummer's Gigsaw midi files I had no sound. (If I
understood well)
I can't use this refined feature.

These are user tribulations, don't mind Alexander.
Thanks for your time and your generosity. Great work! Formidable!
Phil.