Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux: What happened in the middle?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 04 2012 - 15:52:08 EET

Hi Stuzz!
   I'm still listening to your album and I must say: Wow! I like the production
quite a lot, same of course of the guitar playing. this is so reminiscent of a
few good metal bands I know, where the sound is concerned.
   I must say however, that my absolute favourite is "I know how it ends". But
sometimes it's difficult to decide, since you really crossed over a couple of
times. :-) the obscene is very lovely too. I like the almost meditative or
translike quality to it. Stepped on and scorned has a very lovely 70s feel to
it. The funky influence, that I perceive in it, appeals to my clavinet-loving
nature. :-) The very small electronic internezzo is fantastic, not to say
hilarious. :-)
   If I had to point to an odd one out, I'd really say, that this would be "Let
it slide". I was surprised to find something as jazzy amidst the rest. I
couldn't say, finding something so light hearted surprised me, because there
are a few, which strike me as light.
   I can see, why you would like from the flames so much. Pitty, that you
couldn't growl to it a little, that would have made it even more perfect. Very
good playing there. Very precise. That is something that struck me in all the
pieces, you precision. It is refreshing to hear, that these things are
possible outside commercial bands. Hm, perhaps they are even more common than
I might think. But I didn't find a lot of small amateur production metal and
even less of that came close to being good. So and now I wait to stand
corrected or being stoned for my ignorance. :-)
   the only thing, that is a pitty about the production, is that you always
moved your vocals so far into the background. Less reverb, probably highpassed
and the vocals more up to the front, would have done them good. Well, it won't
stop me from liking it and listening again and telling my best friend, who is
the real metal-head in our relationship. :-) I'm sure he will enjoy it even
more. thanks for sharing this, I hope, that we might hear a little more of
that throughout the year. Would be a pitty, to wait for the next RPM. I'd be
interested to hear, what you come up with, when you have more time to work on
one piece. Perhaps it might get even more prog metal. Did I mention, that I
love prog, not only in rock?
   almost head-bangingly yours
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;