[LAU] Qjackclt cramps

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2012 - 23:42:55 EET

Hello all,

I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this problem with
Qjackctl. Anyway I haven't seen any other reports of it.
The problem is so obvious that I myself never bothered to
report it - it's the thing you exect fixed in the next
release. But apprently it never gets fixed.

To the facts now: almost every day when I use it, and for
the last years, Qjackctl get into some cramp in which it
either

- refuses to make some connections,
- or refuses to show them,
- or makes them and then disconnects them immediately.

I don't know what triggers this, but it could be related to apps
making lots of ports connections in a short time and Qjackctl's
idea of current connections getting out of sync with reality.
Given Jack's APi for this that is no big surprise, but what really
messes up things is that Qjackctl apparently has no means to recover
and refresh its connections database from scratch. The only option
is to terminate it (which takes Jack and all apps with it, unless
Jack was started separately).

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.