Re: [LAU] Laborejo Release 0.1 Announcement

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2012 - 10:21:53 EET

On Thursday 08 March 2012 01:20:30 Nils wrote:
> Laborejo, Esperanto for "Workshop", is used to craft music through
> notation.
>
> It is a Lilypond GUI frontend, a MIDI creator and finally a tool collection
> to inspire and help you compose. It works by reducing music-redundancy and
> by seperating layout and data. Don't worry about the layout, just
> concentrate on the music.
>
> Screenshot (Laborejo and Lilypond, side by side):
> http://www.laborejo.org/images/screenshots/2012-01-31-223820_3840x1080_scr
> ot.png
>
> This is the first release, version number 0.1
> Download: https://github.com/nilsgey/Laborejo/tarball/0.1
> Dependencies: http://www.laborejo.org/documentation
>
> There are too many features to mention them all and too many missing
> features and bugs to warn you. Most important known problems: * This is
> Alpha Grade Software. Don't use for long-term work. However, the produced
> midis and PDFs will last forever. * Performance can get bad very quickly
> if you use Containers.
> * There is no built-in sophisticated midi player/jack midi output yet. You
> have to export midi files. * Documentation is nearly non-existent.
>
> Have fun, it would be nice to hear from you!

Compare to frescobaldi, also python, uses lilypond format files directly and
is not really a notation program in and of itself.

Compare to denemo which claims to be.

Main problem with this is that is requires python3 which is not yet quite
complete. For example, I have been able to install eric5. Building pysmf works
for python2.7 but not for python3