Re: [LAU] Qjackclt cramps

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2012 - 16:37:10 EET

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 03/08/2012 11:59 AM, Giso Grimm wrote:
> [..]
> Hi Giso,
>
> Getting off topic, but I'm curious: Earlier jack1 aka jack-0.X versions
> can produce clicks or even x-runs when connecting ports. Is that still
> an issue with 0.121.2 ?

jack1 will cease to be jack1 if this ever stops. its really the most
significant difference between jack1 and jack2 (the parallelism in
jack2 isn't frequently of use).

connecting ports never causes an xrun, only a click (if anything). we
take a write lock on the graph; if the process cycle fails to acquire
its own write lock, it will just send silence to output ports.