[LAU] [lists@email-addr-hidden: Re: slow operation of jack_connect (was Re: connect ports with jack1 vs jack2)]

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2012 - 00:23:07 EET

Sorry, replied to sender by mistake.
S.M.

--

attached mail follows:

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 10:25:11AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
[...]
> Paul Davis suggested I use jack.plumbing instead.
>
> So Nama now rewrites the jack.plumbing config file
> as necessary.
>
> I had to work around some problems that jack.plumbing dies
> if it happens to poll while the Ecasound engine has
> ports registered but not yet able to connect.
>
> That may not be a problem for the applications you run.
I gave up on jack.plumbing becausing it was hanging or dying all the
time. Even using it to connect ports for just one app (I remember
specifically having trouble with Bristol) turned out to be more of a
nuisance than help. Pity, because the idea behind it is sound and it was
quite fast when it actually worked.

Cheers,
S.M.