Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux: What happened in the middle?

From: Stuzz <stuzz78@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2012 - 06:02:00 EET

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:55:39 +1000, Roberto Suárez Soto
<talkingxouba@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> 2012/3/5 Stuzz <stuzz78@email-addr-hidden>
>
> I suppose you could put the guitars in the 'podded' category. I have an
>> older Boss GT-5 effects box. The guitar (Charvette (by Charvel)) goes
>> into
>> that, then into an Echo Audiofire4 firewire box and finally into the
>> computer. The bass guitar, which I had to borrow just went direct into
>> the
>> Audiofire4.
>>

> I found the guitar sounds awesome :-) Crystal clear, specially the
> clean ones. Did you use any special audio-fu?
>

>> I critique the vocals myself. I was this close to scrapping the whole
>> thing due to my dissatisfaction with them. All the vocals were tracked
>> on
>> the 25th of Feb (the last Saturday in the month). With more time there
>> would have been some re-recording and refinement. I didn't know the
>> words
>> either, and I know from hearing other singers, the performance is a damn
>> site better if they don't need to read sing :)
>>

> Couldn't you re-record them? Maybe with a bit of processing you would
> be able to get them where you want :-?

Hi Roberto

No audio-fu that I'm aware of. I added extra reverb to the 'solo' guitar
bits most of the time, but other than that there was no post-processing on
the guitar sounds.

Regarding the vocals, as the album was for the RPM Challenge, to finish it
in time I had no time to re-record the vocals. There's some processing on
them, but I'm inexperienced in vocal processing (or any processing really)
to be able to do anything special to them.

Glad you dug it.
Stuzz
http://stuzz.bandcamp.com