Re: [LAU] My JX-8P is dead, any SW based synth that can handle the heritage? :-(

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2012 - 23:21:04 EET

Reply to All / Reply to List
On Saturday 10 March 2012 15.08.57 Al Thompson wrote:
> Have you tried Bristol? It's got some really nice sounds, but just as
> with a HW analog synth, you need to set up your sounds yourself. You
> are presented with a graphic of the actual synth model you pick, and
> you twist knobs from there. I use the Prophet 5, ARP 2600, and
> Hammond B3 instruments in it a lot.

Yes I've tried that one approx one year ago and I love the knob analogy,
but it won't produce _that_ sounds yet if I'm right - only something that
reminds about it.

I realize that nothing is like the real thing, but hope that i can find
something that's close enough, or even better. Thanks for reminding me
about Bristol again, I've had a lot of fun with it.

Jostein