Re: [LAU] My JX-8P is dead, any SW based synth that can handle the heritage? :-(

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2012 - 12:09:54 EET

> CEM
>
> Some of the folks that tinkered with Doepfer assembly kits in the 80s,
> have cabinets repleted with Curtis chips. They're in the same situation
> as Dave Smith. AFAIK Doepfer doesn't use CEM anymore, Google found
> German links like "High-end without CEM" (translated), about Dieter
> Döpfer. I didn't read it.

PS: While it should be possible to get copies of ROMs contents, we could
burn to EPROMs, there's still the issue to get special designed chips of
the synth vendors. A friend already bought survival kits from Wine
Country in the end of the 80s or beginning 90s for his Sequentials, IIRC
without the guarantee that the survival kits aren't borked.
But even when survival kits existed and where less expensive, they
already were expensive. How many musicians are financially covered?

I'm quiet now, I need to control my butler, since the Lamborghini should
be clean, when I drive to the 1-€-Job (special German jobs, more than
30hours/week, official not more than 30hours, for less than
900,-€/month, less money if you're sick, but you need to pay for medical
care). Alternatively to such jobs German audio engineers and musicians
could pollute the world with loudness war auto-tune mixes, or do similar
bad jobs, like playing grotesque evil Jazz on the trumpet, to get more
money.