Re: [LAU] My JX-8P is dead, any SW based synth that can handle the heritage? :-(

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2012 - 13:38:10 EET

> To late for my JX. First, every 8th (or was it 12th?) keys was
> stopping
> to produce sound (but they still sended MIDI signals), so I was able
> use it as a MIDI controller (one of the best keyboards I ever used)
> and
> use another MIDI controller for triggering the jx-sounds. Then I
> could
> not do program changes, and then it stopped to make sounds - all this
> within two weeks.

It doesn't sound like an empty battery, anyway, I would replace the
battery.
It also doesn't sound like broken oscillators or filters.
Dunno if some special Roland chip manages the routing and controls.

> I got my first one back in 1987 and the last one 3 years ago.

You don't own another borked JX anymore? With two of the same or similar
boards you might be able to repair one of them yourself or let it repair
one, for less money.

- Ralf