Re: [LAU] midi file editing

From: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2012 - 15:42:12 EET

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:11:17 +0530
> Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > [I am asking this after wrestling with rosegarden for an hour or so
> > and getting no sound]
>
> Hi, sorry if this is obvious to you, but just in case, you'd
> probably need a soundfont (like fluidr3) and a soundfont player (like
> qsynth) to have sound - maybe rosegarden has a built-in soundfont
> player? Anyway you should be able to make it output the midi of the
> track to qsynth (using qjackctl), and therefore have sound.
>
> HTH,
> renato

HI Renato
Nothing's very obvious to me and all help is much appreciated!

I start qjackctl and qsynth and rosegarden (in that order?)
I have soundfonts loaded into qsynth as well as rosegarden (dunno which is
correct)
I would expect to be able to connect rosegarden out to qsynth in.
Cant seem to do that because: audio tab of qjackctl only has qsynth on left
(readable/output) but not on right so cannot wire rosegarden into qsynth

In an earlier mail Paul had suggested I use a2jmidid -e
That makes a2j appear in midi tab whose output I can connect to qsynth but
that does not help