Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 61, Issue 15

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2012 - 18:12:48 EET

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 12:00 +0000,
linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Message: 13
> Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:10:04 -0400
> From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] OT: Modern film soundtracks
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
>
> 2001

I never saw and heard good copies, but the amazing thing with 2001 is,
that the whole sound is smart, e.g. no sound for explosions in space. I
suspect the chorus was written for the film, but of cause, Strauss
perfectly fits to the scenes too.

FWIW, mixing for film depends to what licenses are available. Real light
or magnetic audio film without Dolby will cause much wow and flutter.
Video sound is less critical.

- Ralf