Re: [LAU] Zoom R16

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 16 2012 - 00:06:19 EET

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 15:04 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> > I've got two r16s (USB linked). I only use my computer for mix down
> > and mastering. The R16s mount fine under Linux. I haven't had a need
> > to try it as a control surface and, since I can record 16 tracks live, I
> > haven't needed to try it as an interface. It's so much more convenient
> > to go record wherever you need to than it is to drag people back to my
> > home "studio". I record all of my band's gigs live using a direct out
> > per channel from the board into the R16s. The gain is a bit touchy but
> > I can live with it. Definitely worth the money.
> >

> You say you have mounted the R16 under linux. How? I tried with my
> laptop, which doesn't have a host port (the square one). I put the
> supplied cable onto the R16 (square) to the computer (flat), but
> didn't get anything happening.

Little known fun fact - if the on/off switch is in the on position, even
though you don't have the power cable in or batteries in it, nothing
will happen when you attach it to the USB port. Brilliant design! If
it's switched off it should come up saying ">AUDIO INTERFACE". Press
the right arrow to switch it to ">CARD READER" then press ENTER followed
by ENTER, and it should show up on your system. There will be PROJnnn
directories where the AUDIO data will be stored.

Jan