Re: [LAU] Any hints how to avoid a bad screen resolution and to keep a kernel-rt?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2012 - 20:43:20 EET

Same problem I had with the NV<>Nouveau switch. I run Debian Sid, they
dumped NV, but Nouveau is still "experimental" and doesn't support a lot
of older NVidia cards, so jumping through hoops to get video seems to be
the "standard" Xorg way now. (With or without an RT kernel.) Almost like
going back to the bad old Linux days when you had to know the real part
numbers for the actual video chips, so you could track down the
technical specs you needed to tell X to use. Sigh.

When I contacted one of the developers, I was basically told that I
could download the NV code, update it to work with Sid, and compile it
myself ... Oh, well!

So anyway it sounds to me like however you resolve it, it won't "work
all the times without much work."

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden