[LAU] Fwd: sc2012 club finale announced - boxcutter

From: Dan S <danstowell+lxau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 20 2012 - 10:35:26 EET

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SuperCollider Symposium London <info@email-addr-hidden>

Hi all,

April sees the SuperCollider Symposium 2012, an international
collision of programming and audio. We can now announce the Wednesday
club finale will be an audiovisual extravaganza headlined by
BOXCUTTER.

Boxcutter’s continuously shape-shifting sound has long flowed beyond
the bounds of what we call dubstep. His lead-heavy missives share the
cross-over appeal of Burial or Vex’d, whilst keeping a foot firmly in
the more electronically-founded margins of the genre. Boxcutter will
headline the SuperCollider Club night at Corsica Studios, evolving his
live bass and electronics set on their famously gorgeous sound system.

Also providing live beats is NY/Berlin legend Timeblind, as well as
Mexican party duo Mico Rex, and Louis Mac premiering his PortaDJ
machine. But it’s not all about beats: this midweek extravaganza also
features mind-altering audiovisual performances from Japan’s
Craftwife, Berlin’s Fredrik Olofsson and Brighton’s Chris Kiefer.

It all takes place Wed 18th April, 8pm–1:30am, at Corsica Studios
(Elephant & Castle tube). Tickets are £5 advance, more on the door.
(Or included in the full-week symposium ticket.) Spread the word.

website: http://www.sc2012.org.uk/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/325748604145008/

sc2012