Re: [LAU] Moment with Monosynth video

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 20 2012 - 11:51:39 EET

On 20/03/12 8:07 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Ken1
> I liked the performance. The only - non performance issue - I wondered
> about was this: Why is it an mp4 and not a webm video? :-)

Anything uploaded to YouTube now is made available in both MPEG-4/H.264
format and WebM format. If you're using a script to download videos from
YouTube, you just need to specify which format you want to donwload.

For instance, for the youtube-dl script, use the "-f" option, with "45"
as the format to get 720p WebM. The list of formats that YouTube serves
is available on Wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Quality_and_codecs

Thanks
Leigh