Re: [LAU] audio and video straming

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2012 - 01:53:44 EET

On 03/21/2012 12:16 AM, Reuben Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 08:04:30 AM Thomas Vecchione wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, to expand on this slightly, what are people using that is
>> GStreamer compatible? I have a BlackMagic Studio card that is going to be
>> accepting HD-SDI and I can purchase the driver for it, but the interface is
>> GStreamer compatible only is my understanding (Not a standard V4L or V4L2
>> interface) so I am curious if anyone has done similar.

You can always get out of gstreamer:

gst-launch ... ! fdsink \
 | ffmpeg # or sth.

> Assuming you mean the "Decklink Studio Card", the drivers are free. Anything can
> interface with it that uses their API.
>
> I use a DeckLink HD Extreme 3D for streaming quite a bit.
>
> decklink-ffmpeg ----(pipe)----> ffmpeg h264/aac+/flv encoder ----(rtmp push)----> CDN ----(rtmp pull)----> Web Browser w/ flash

interesting. Would you mind sharing the ffmpeg commandline?
What software do you use for transport segmenting?

May I ask what content delivery network you are using? Are you paying
for it or did you roll your own?

I've recently experimented a bit with
https://github.com/carsonmcdonald/HTTP-Live-Video-Stream-Segmenter-and-Distributor

--
http://blog.kyri0s.org/post/271121944/deploying-apples-http-live-streaming-in-a-gnu-linux
It worked, but not reliably. At some point I gave up and went back to