Re: [LAU] Questions about Seq24

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2012 - 03:09:29 EET

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Rafael Vega <email.rafa@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> * Which app do you guys recommend for use along with Seq24 for playing
> wave loops? I'm thinking something that allows me to open a wave file, set
> the number of bars and then trigger it with seq24. Ideally it would stretch
> the wave according to tempo and bar length.

Luppp aims to do just this! Its a work in progress program, and no official
stable release has been made yet. There was an alpha1 release last weekend.
Luppp can tell Seq24 which loops to play using Luppp's "scenes" concept,
and a custom .seq24rc file.
Luppp stretches the audio to the current JACK tempo automatically, you only
have to tell it the loop lenghts in bars.

Works for me :) -Harry

Note: I'm the developer of Luppp, take the above with a pinch of salt.

PS: Look into SooperLooper too, I think that may provide a more basic
version of what you're asking for when set up right...