Re: [LAU] Some overcompressed electro that'll never get finnished

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2012 - 14:38:16 EEST

On 03/29/12 01:41, Gabbe Nord wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Last summer I tried making some electro with Linux, and here's the result I
> got. It's overcompressed (brick waveform hehe) and really not that worked
> through, but perhaps it can give someone pleasure!
> This project was one of those that got lost in "evolvement", you find new
> tools and evolve as a producer or whatever. I just felt that I'll never
> finnish this without completely remaking the tracks, so instead of just
> letting the exports sit around in my computer I figured I might share it
> with all of you =).
>
> http://soundcloud.com/part_one/
>
> Both tracks were mixed in ardour2, sequenced in mainly seq24 + hydrogen,
> with some synths from LMMS, and various other instruments.
>
> Anyway, maybe someone can find it atleast interesting to have a listen to!
>
> Cheers,

I like it. The compression is a bit of a shame but it also gives these
tracks a warm and dark feeling at once. And the (unintended?) sidechain
compression is like a bonus
Interesting sounds passing by, from some of them I'd love to know how
you created them. especially the lead synth of Pulse and the ethereal
riffs that sound like some guitar synth going through a distortion of
some kind. Pulse is also the track I like most.

Best,

Jeremy