Re: [LAU] Hydrogen --> Linuxsampler+Salamander Drumkit

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2012 - 11:08:23 EEST

On 5/04/12 3:29 PM, Stuzz wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 04:36:50 +1000, alexander <axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Good job on thatone! I didn't realize hydrogen could send midi, now if
>> it can send CC messages too somehow(for the hihat), you'll be able to
>> have all functionality of the kit! that would be pretty golden..
>>

> Glad you approve Alex.
>
> The CC messages you're referring too... That has something to do with
> how open, closed or inbetween the hihat is, right? If so, I'm sure
> that'd be handy to sort out as well, but I don't think Hydrogen is up to
> the task (but happy to be proved wrong).
>
> For me though, I'd be hard pressed to find a requirement for that much
> nuance on a hihat for a regular drum beat.

Without that, I think all of the hats you'll get from Hydrogen will be
closed hats (well, apart from the pedal hat, which is on its own key),
since you need to send a CC value to get the semi-open or fully-open hats.

> Also, this whole exercise is a bit of a stop-gap until I get up to speed
> with programming MIDI parts direct into Ardour3, which no doubt (if it
> doesn't already) is able to sent the CC message you'd like.

Yep, sending CCs works fine in Ardour 3. It shouldn't be a problem for
any of the other sequencers around (Qtractor, seq24, Rosegarden, OOM2, etc.)

Thanks
Leigh