Re: [LAU] Hydrogen --> Linuxsampler+Salamander Drumkit

From: alexander <axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2012 - 13:27:42 EEST

On 04/05/2012 12:23 PM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On 5/04/12 6:29 PM, thijs van severen wrote:
>>
>> Hydrogen indeed doesnt support sending CC messages, but you should be
>> able to work something out using the mute groups (see
>> http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/5#def.mutegroup)
>> if you put the different hh sounds in separate instruments and assign
>> those 3 instruments to the same mute group you can simply create a
>> pattern where you can use all 3 sounds
>>
>> BTW: how would one send the CC values when recording a pattren live
>> (using a midi drum) ? does the HHpedal normally trigger CC messages ?
>
> If you had a MIDI drum kit, then yep, I think you could probably get
> the pedal to send CCs. With a keyboard, you could connect an
> expression pedal to the keyboard and configure that to send the
> appropriate CC.
>
> Thanks
> Leigh

By default the salamander kit is set to use CC64 for the hihat, wich is
the sustain pedal on a keyboard.. So you simply press the sustain pedal
to open the hihat, this is actually the opposite of how an actual hihat
pedal works tho. You must have a variable pedal tho, most if not all
cheaper pedals are just on/off eg, they only send 0 or 127. Afaik,
E-drum hihatpedals you use CC4.. It's childishly easy to remap, just
open the .sfz and do a 'find/replace all' on "CC64"