Re: [LAU] Announcing synthclone-0.2.0! Now in beta!

From: thijs van severen <thijsvanseveren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 11 2012 - 00:16:18 EEST

2012/4/8 Devin Anderson <surfacepatterns@email-addr-hidden>

> On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Gabbe Nord <gabbe.nord@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > This sounds like a very interesting software for me, but I have no
> > experience with similar software, so I have no clue how I would go about
> > use this one, and I can't seem to find any tutorial on how to do it?
>
> You're not the only person to bring up this problem. There is very
> little documentation on how to use synthclone, and synthclone could
> benefit from input from user-experience experts to make the software
> more intuitive. Unfortunately, synthclone has been a one-person
> operation up until now, and I'm not a user experience expert or
> particularly good at writing documentation.
>
> I would like to take some steps to rectify this problem. Here are
> some ideas I have:
>
> 1.) Make a video tutorial on how to use synthclone.
>
> I'm considering submitting a drum kit to the Hydrogen Spring Drum Kit
> Contest by sampling kits I've made on my external drum synth using
> synthclone.

Yes good idea :-) dont hesitate !

> If and when I do, I'll create a video tutorial on how I
> use synthclone to create the Hydrogen drum kit.

if you make this video i'll add it to the hydrogen tutorial videos page
right away
as you probably know, Wolke (one of the H2 devs) has already created a
number of kits using
synthclone<http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/2022>so maybe he
has some input ?

follow me on my Audio & Linux blog <http://audio-and-linux.blogspot.com/> !