[LAU] EMail To Tascam

From: Gerald Mwangi <gerald.mwangi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2012 - 19:10:21 EEST

Hi guys, I sent the following mail to TASCAM (to the pre-sales
information). Hope to move something in their thinking.
Regards,
Gerald

Hello,
I'm deciding whether to buy the US-1800. Since I run Linux (Ubuntu) with
jack and ardour (www.ardour.org ), I need to know if the device is USB
2.0 audio class compliant or if there are plans for a dedicated driver.
Or at least plans to publish sufficient information to the linux audio
developers (linuxaudio.org). If nothing is planned in that direction, I
will switch to the Firewire solutions from Focusrite, since Focusrite
actively supports the linux audio developers! It's not that much work to
disclose some information. And you'll have some 500+ linux musicians
BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS! Afterall, your a hardware vendor, not a software
vendor.
Regards,
Gerald Mwangi