[LAU] new software

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2012 - 15:24:16 EEST

Greetings,

Since I'm no longer writing monthly articles for the Linux Journal and
I'm no longer maintaining the site at linux-sound.org, I've decided that
you lucky LAUyers will get to read what I think is fresh and new in the
world of Linux audio software. Gods willing and the creek don't rise,
I'll put occasional notices here about recently-announced apps and other
softs that might be of interest to Linux audio-type folk.

Today it's ScoreDate :

     http://www.mindmatter.it/scoredate/

"It is an open source software written in Java that helps musicians to
learn music reading. It is suitable for any skill, from beginners to
professional users. From slow training to first sight reading."

And Jeff Hubbard's work with his LibModSynth :

     http://libmodsynth.sourceforge.net/

"LibModSynth is a library of high quality audio DSP modules built with
sound quality, CPU efficiency and interoperability in mind. The library
is designed to make writing plugins easy, even if you have little or no
experience programming in C, C++ or Qt."

Jeff's used his library to write some nice DSSI plugins, so now's the
time to lobby for DSSI support in Ardour3. :)

And finally Dave Robillard has released LV2 1.0 and a batch of Paul
Keller's MDA plugins for it :

     http://lv2plug.in/spec/lv2-1.0.0.tar.bz2

     http://drobilla.net/software/

Remember, you'll need most of Dave's software - suil, sord, serd,
sratom, probably others - for a complete LV2 system. Be sure to read his
notes on installation and configuration.

Best,

dp