Re: [LAU] small usb interface (1in 2out)

From: plutek <plutek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2012 - 15:59:32 EEST

From: yvan volochine <yvan.sc@email-addr-hidden>
Subject: [LAU] small usb interface (1in 2out)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:35:00 +0200

> hi,
>
> sorry to post YAThread about usb interfaces but I need a small usb one
> with 1 in and 2 out (basically a mic and a loud stereo out).
>
> I have seen the 2 following ones and I wonder if you guys and girls
> could give me some wise advices about them (or any other tip really):
>
> - esi ugm96:
> www.esi-audio.com/products/ugm96/
> the output seem weird, there's a line-out and a headphone
> out. wondering if there's any difference between the 2 (i.e. can I use
> both as mono-out?).
> pros: very small, +20v for mic input
> cons: no level control, wondering about outputs..
>
> - m-audio fast track usb:
> http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrack.html
> pros: input/output levels, cheap
> cons: RCA output (bouh)

hi yvan!

i don't know about those devices, but i just purchased an ART USB Dual Tube Pre and am very happy with it. works ootb as a class-compliant USB device, with no drivers or firmware required.

http://artproaudio.com/art_products/signal_processing/usb_audio_devices/product/usbdualtubepre/

i believe it meets your requirements (and more) -- here in Canada, the street price is about CDN$155.

cheers!
.pltk.