Re: [LAU] poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 02 2012 - 07:57:52 EEST

On 04/28/2012 11:05 AM, Fred wrote:
> Le 28/04/2012 21:57, david a écrit :
>> On 04/28/2012 02:27 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>>> Today I installed
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nuke-anything-enhanced/versions/
>>>
>>> to remove all kinds of crap from a web page.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ralf
>>
>> And that's why I think a donation link or an annual subscription
>> option would be my preferred way to support FOSS projects.
>>
> May I ask what project you choose to support this way ?

At the moment, Debian (since that's the distro I use and the foundation
of many others).

If you mean particular music applications, I have plans for these:
Rosegarden, Yoshimi Meets Zyn, ZynAddSubFX (note: RG and Zyn have donate
buttons).

When I have some free time, I'd hope to apply my tech writing and tech
training experience to one of the issues that makes using FOSS
challenging: missing, outdated or inaccurate documentation ... but I
also write fiction, poetry, do photography and art, while working full
time (like most everyone on this list, I'm sure!).

--
David
gnome@hawaii.rr.com