Re: [LAU] Estimating JACK latency

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 03 2012 - 11:59:56 EEST

http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp.html

> I hope the difference shows up in get_jack_port_latency_range()!

It does. The output latency is one period longer in async mode.

>> see also:
>> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/jack_latency_tests
>
> And again. This is very helpful.

This wiki-page is a bit outdated (it's from before the new latency API
was introduced) but item (2) under
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/jack_latency_tests#interpretation_and_analysis
describes the same bug that you stumbled over.

(1) was actually solved: The additional latency for USB devices comes
from ALSA's USB driver implementation. Clemens explained the details in
the same thread on jack-devel "Re: Differences in latency between USB
and internal audio interfaces" December 9, 2010.

ciao,
robin