[LAU] rtirq question

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico.bukvic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 05 2012 - 05:42:05 EEST

Ok, here goes a stupid question. So, I got Ubuntu 12.04 lowlatency
kernel running and I installed rtirq package that comes with Ubuntu.
However, when I do sudo /etc/init.d/rtirq status, I only get the following:

   PID CLS RTPRIO NI PRI %CPU STAT COMMAND
     3 TS - 0 19 0.0 S ksoftirqd/0
12221 TS - 0 19 0.0 S ksoftirqd/1

Does this mean that lowlatency kernel is not capable of providing the
needed functionality or something entirely different?

The /etc/default/rtprio config is vanilla:

(including only the relevant parts)
# IRQ thread service names
# (space separated list, from higher to lower priority).
RTIRQ_NAME_LIST="rtc snd usb i8042"

# Highest priority.
RTIRQ_PRIO_HIGH=90

# Priority decrease step.
RTIRQ_PRIO_DECR=5

# Whether to reset all IRQ threads to SCHED_OTHER.
RTIRQ_RESET_ALL=0

# On kernel configurations that support it,
# which services should be NOT threaded
# (space separated list).
RTIRQ_NON_THREADED="rtc snd"

# Process names which will be forced to the
# highest realtime priority range (99-91)
# (space separated list, from highest to lower priority).
# RTIRQ_HIGH_LIST="timer"

Any thoughts?

Best wishes,

Ico