Re: [LAU] pure data midi autoconnect

From: renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 11 2012 - 18:46:32 EEST

On Fri, 11 May 2012 16:07:44 +0100
James Mckernon <jmckernon@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could help me remove an irritating
> behaviour of pure data which I've noticed lately. When running
> qjackctl, and selecting 'alsa midi' in pd to initialize its
>
> it connects its output to all other midi inputs, and its input to all
> other midi outputs (including through-midi on both sides, meaning it
> is essentially sending midi to itself, as well as everything else.)
> This is mildly irritating during normal usage, but is now becoming
> outright unmanageable, as I am currently trying to write some scripts
> to automatically set up my audio environment for live performance
> (including midi and jack audio connections).
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to supress this behaviour? Thanks.
>
> n.b. Cross-posted this because I believe the subject concerns both
> lists.

Hi, I wouldn't know how to configure pd to not do this, however a dirty
hack could be to use aj-snapshot to restore connections; you'd call it
as last line of your script (maybe preeceded by a "sleep 3" to wait
for all applications to have properly started) with the option (I don't
remember which) to make it first disconnect all connections - i.e. it
first disconnects everything, then makes only the connections you say
him so (by passing him a file).

aj-snapshot is really neat and manages jack audio, midi and alsa midi
connections.

HTH,
renato