[LAU] using linux to manage your gigs?

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 12 2012 - 23:16:11 EEST

hi list,

this is one of my busiest times of the year for gigging; I'm usually playing at least once a week, and sometimes multiple times a week. there are a couple of things I'm frustrated about:

* my song lists are all on paper. they have no information about the song at all. it would be nice to be able to sort by key, genre (rock, pop, r&b, motown, etc.). it would be nice if calling up the song called up the chord chart, which brings me to my next point…

* I looked through many presentation softwares, chord chart management, etc. they all seem focused on the church crowd. I need something *simple*. I choose a song, and the chart that I have available for it (either text or pdf or whatever) is displayed in a split window.

ok, that's what I want, and no one gets what they want. :) so, I'm open to any and all ideas. what do you use? do you manage your set lists with linux? chord charts? I tried the whole "thinking outside the box" and looked for maybe some file management software, but I got overwhelmed quickly. any and all ideas are welcome.

thanks list!

Josh

--
Josh Lawrence

_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
Linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Received on Sun May 13 00:15:02 2012

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Sun May 13 2012 - 00:15:02 EEST