Re: [LAU] [LAD] First release of jack_export

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 13 2012 - 20:19:54 EEST

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:20:45PM -0400, Rick Green wrote:

> On Sun, 13 May 2012, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
>> If you have an Ardour bus called 'export' then jack_export will connect
>> to it.
>
> That's my question. The export bus can have multiple input channels,
> but its output is just stereo, (and it's totally unclear how those
> multiple inputs are panned across the stereo) so how is jack_export any
> different from ardour's export of the master bus? Or does jack_export
> somehow detect what individual tracks are connected to the INPUT of the
> export bus, and produce a multitrack WAVEX of those tracks?

The 'export' bus can have any number of outputs.
Just open the output dialog and click 'Add' as many times
as required. Then bypass the default multichannel panner.

If you are doing a multichannel mix then you would normally
use the 'export' bus as the master output but you don't have
to. You could create it just to collect all the signals you
want to export.

Ciao,

--
FA