[LAU] xjadeo 0.6.4 -- was Tube Open Movie Project

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 14 2012 - 23:06:54 EEST

On 05/14/2012 03:33 AM, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> For the record, the version I am using is both on Linux/X11 and VERY out of
> date currently, so I don't feel comfortable filing a bug report till I get
> around to compiling a new version, sorry Robin. But I will try to do so
> sooner rather than later to confirm.

No need to compile it yourself: There's a dmg for OSX and an installer
for win32 on xjadeo.sf.net. It's available in most major GNU/Linux
distros these days.

PAR and DAR correction is one of those things that kept breaking in
xjadeo with select libav/ffmpeg version updates.

I've just pushed out xjadeo-0.6.4. Pre-scaling is now done in the
display-code (instead of using libav/libswscale). That hopefully
resolves this issue from now on and - on top of that - uses hardware
acceleration for doing the scaling.

For older versions: a safe way is to transcode the video into a format
with PAR 1:1 before starting to work with. qjadeo's File->Import does
that using mencoder.

best,
robin

PS. Blender can sync to jack-transport, too. But you don't want to have
Blender render the video at the same time while you're working on the
soundtrack. I have no idea how efficient it is WRT to playing
pre-rendered video, but I suppose it's generally less convenient for
sound-design setups.