Re: [LAU] USB audio interfaces >= 8 channels

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 12:26:07 EEST

On 05/16/2012 01:30 AM, Brian Quandt wrote:
> Yeah only complaint I hear from folks is the AD-DA circuitry, but they
> are from folks who don't give specifics. I think the only diffs are
> what people get used to there, as well as how much money they might
> spend on gear and therefore be influenced by their own choices.
> This 1818 seems pretty cool in my mind, and frankly for what it cost and
> can do, it's awesome!

+1

@Fons: I remember you were measuring preamps and AD/DA behaviour not too
long ago (some RME card?!).

Can one reproduce this using jnoisemeter or does one need special
hardware equipment?

Setting the output-volume to -0db, `jnoise` could be used to calibrate
the input levels, even though it's bad practice to rely on the device
itself, I suppose it'd work to measure the noise-floor and S/N, right?

...and `jaaa` will do the frequency plot... I love your tools!

best,
robin