Re: [LAU] using linux to manage your gigs?

From: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 18:49:21 EEST

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > If emacs is ok with you, you may look at orgmode's
> > - links http://orgmode.org/manual/Hyperlinks.html
> > - properties http://orgmode.org/manual/Properties-and-Columns.html
>
> I'm perfectly OK with emacs if I knew anything about it. :) I know it's
> a little OT to ask, but if anyone knows of a slow, to-the-point tutorial
> for emacs that will cover getting me cool with the keyboard shortcuts, I'm
> all ears. org-mode looks awesome, but those keyboard shortcuts are *damn*
> hard to learn.
>
> Josh

Most of basic orgmode is available through the menus (org and tbl are the
relevant ones)
The ones that have a keyboard shortcut have that listed in the menu when
and if you feel like learning it.
Yes the builtin tutorial is definitely perverse -- recommending Ctrl-P and
Ctrl-N over up and down arrows!! But you can ignore this nonsense and
start there.

After that you can ask on gnu.help.emacs and/or the orgmode list (which is
very helpful)
Xah Lee has some nice emacs stuff http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs.html
[Hes notorious for other reasons -- ignore that]
And of course you can ask me :-)